MEXICO: FEMSA eyes acquisitions - report
FEMSA said acquisitions would be made “in the next months or year”
The CEO of FEMSA has said that the company is looking to make a number of imminent acquisitions, according to reports.
Jose Antonio Fernandez told Bloomberg earlier this week that acquisitions would be made "in the next months or year", adding, "in this sense, it is imminent". Fernandez, who was speaking at an event in the US on Tuesday (18 October), did not elaborate further on specific targets or geographies.
The company's Coca-Cola bottling unit Coca-Cola FEMSA, has made two acquisitions this year.
In June, the company acquired the bottling operations of privately-held Mexican conglomerate Grupo Tampico, in a deal valued at MXN6.55bn (US$555m), and in September, acquired fellow bottler Grupo CIMSA for MXN11bn.
FEMSA is the parent company of the world's second largest bottler of Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola FEMSA. It also operates Latin American convenience store chain OXXO.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has squeezed Heineken out of the Dominican Republic via its deal to gain control of the country's largest brewer, Ceverceria Nacional Dominicana (CND)....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated has teamed up with NASCAR Sprint Cup driver AJ Allmendinger for its Fuel in a Bottle energy shot brand....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated has warned of rising raw material costs and "value-oriented" consumers going forward, as it posted a tough set of numbers for 2011....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets