MEXICO: Femsa drops out of CCA S Korea race
Coca-Cola Femsa is the latest company to step back from the pending sale of Coca-Cola Amatil's South Korean operations.
The Mexican soft drinks unit of Femsa said yesterday (18 April) that it has pulled out of the bidding for Coca-Cola Korea Bottling Corp., which CCA is considering selling.
"We are permanently evaluating opportunities," Coca-Cola Femsa said. "In this case, Coca-Cola Femsa revised the franchise of Coca-Cola Amatil in South Korea, but we decided not to continue with the process."
Local sources had claimed earlier this week that three bids - from SPC, City Venture Capital and Coca-Cola Femsa - had been tabled for the unit.
Separate reports, meanwhile, have claimed that Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling has distanced itself from the sale process.
CCA will take a decision on whether to sell the unit next month.
Coca Cola FEMSA and the Coca-Cola Co. have launched a tender public offering to buy 100% of the shares of the juice company Jugos del Valle....
Coca-Cola Amatil has ended its discussions with Golden Circle Limited (GCL) about the potential acquisition of GCL after the fruit processor rejected its revised offer in favour of another bid....
Australian fruit processor Golden Circle has rejected a revised takeover bid from Coca-Cola Amatil....
Coca-Cola Amatil has said that The Coca-Cola Co. plans to sell off a portion of its stake in the company to buy into CCA's former South Korean business....
Coca-Cola Amatil is in discussions to take over the fruit processor Golden Circle after making a conditional offer....
Heineken has appointed a new president and CEO for its US arm as its current boss will step down after locking horns on how to run the company....
Soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is test-marketing a flavoured milk product in Western Australia, according to reports....
Foster's Group has claimed victory in a dispute over the Zero trademark in Australia....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future