MEXICO: FEMSA Appoints New Strategic Planning Director
Fomento Economico Mexicano, S.A. de C.V. ("FEMSA") (NYSE:FMX; BMV:FEMSA UBD) today announced that Ricardo Gonzalez has joined FEMSA's corporate staff as strategic planning director. Ricardo Gonzalez, 45, earned a degree in industrial and systems engineering by the Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey in 1977. He holds a MBA degree by the Instituto de Estudios Superiores de la Empresa, in Barcelona, Spain. From 1977 to 1978, Ricardo Gonzalez worked in FEMSA's human resources area. During the last 20 years, Gonzalez had a successful career in Grupo Vitro, where he held diverse executive positions. During the last three years, he was chairman of the board and CEO of Vidrio Plano. Ricardo Gonzalez will report to Federico Reyes, FEMSA's executive vice president of planning and finance. FEMSA is Mexico's largest beverage company with exports to the United States, Canada and selected countries in Latin America, Europe and the Far East. Founded in 1890, with headquarters in Monterrey, Mexico, FEMSA is strategically integrated and operates through the following subsidiaries: FEMSA Cerveza, which produces and distributes name brands of beer such as Tecate, Carta Blanca, Superior, Sol, XX Lager, Dos Equis and Bohemia; Coca-Cola FEMSA, an "Anchor Bottler" for The Coca-Cola Company in Latin America, which produces and distributes soft drinks including Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola Light, Sprite, Fanta and Quatro; FEMSA Empaques, which supports the beverage operations by producing beverage cans, glass bottles, crown caps, labels, commercial refrigerators, and serves third-party clients throughout the Americas; FEMSA Comercio, which operates OXXO, Mexico's most extensive chain of convenience stores; and FEMSA Logistica, which provides logistics management services to affiliate companies, and recently to third-party clients.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World