MEXICO: FEMSA Appoints New Strategic Planning Director
Fomento Economico Mexicano, S.A. de C.V. ("FEMSA") (NYSE:FMX; BMV:FEMSA UBD) today announced that Ricardo Gonzalez has joined FEMSA's corporate staff as strategic planning director. Ricardo Gonzalez, 45, earned a degree in industrial and systems engineering by the Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey in 1977. He holds a MBA degree by the Instituto de Estudios Superiores de la Empresa, in Barcelona, Spain. From 1977 to 1978, Ricardo Gonzalez worked in FEMSA's human resources area. During the last 20 years, Gonzalez had a successful career in Grupo Vitro, where he held diverse executive positions. During the last three years, he was chairman of the board and CEO of Vidrio Plano. Ricardo Gonzalez will report to Federico Reyes, FEMSA's executive vice president of planning and finance. FEMSA is Mexico's largest beverage company with exports to the United States, Canada and selected countries in Latin America, Europe and the Far East. Founded in 1890, with headquarters in Monterrey, Mexico, FEMSA is strategically integrated and operates through the following subsidiaries: FEMSA Cerveza, which produces and distributes name brands of beer such as Tecate, Carta Blanca, Superior, Sol, XX Lager, Dos Equis and Bohemia; Coca-Cola FEMSA, an "Anchor Bottler" for The Coca-Cola Company in Latin America, which produces and distributes soft drinks including Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola Light, Sprite, Fanta and Quatro; FEMSA Empaques, which supports the beverage operations by producing beverage cans, glass bottles, crown caps, labels, commercial refrigerators, and serves third-party clients throughout the Americas; FEMSA Comercio, which operates OXXO, Mexico's most extensive chain of convenience stores; and FEMSA Logistica, which provides logistics management services to affiliate companies, and recently to third-party clients.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report