AUS: Federal court approves Lion's Little World Beverages takeover
Lion is set to take 100% ownership of its subsidiary Little World
Lion's full takeover of Little World Beverages looks set to go ahead after Australia's Federal Court approved the deal.
In an announcement to the Australian Securities Exchange today (19 September), Lion, which is owned by Kirin Holdings, said it will lodge the court papers with the Securities and Investment Commission, making the transaction "legally effective". Lion currently has a 36% stake in the brewer and the move, first announced in June, willl see it buy the remaining shares it does not already own.
Trading in Little World was suspended at the close today.
Shareholders of the Fremantle-based company, best known for its Little Creatures Brewery, also backed the deal in a vote on Monday. Under the deal, shareholders will get AUD5.10 (US$5.32) for each share held.
At the time the deal was announced, Lion said it valued Little World at AUD381.6m (US$386m), but no further financial details have been disclosed.
The deal is expected to complete by 8 October, according to the filing.
In the fourth part of Euromonitor's preview of 2013, alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Zsuzsa Szilagyi consider what the future holds for the world's brewers....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review