AUS: Federal court approves Lion's Little World Beverages takeover
Lion is set to take 100% ownership of its subsidiary Little World
Lion's full takeover of Little World Beverages looks set to go ahead after Australia's Federal Court approved the deal.
In an announcement to the Australian Securities Exchange today (19 September), Lion, which is owned by Kirin Holdings, said it will lodge the court papers with the Securities and Investment Commission, making the transaction "legally effective". Lion currently has a 36% stake in the brewer and the move, first announced in June, willl see it buy the remaining shares it does not already own.
Trading in Little World was suspended at the close today.
Shareholders of the Fremantle-based company, best known for its Little Creatures Brewery, also backed the deal in a vote on Monday. Under the deal, shareholders will get AUD5.10 (US$5.32) for each share held.
At the time the deal was announced, Lion said it valued Little World at AUD381.6m (US$386m), but no further financial details have been disclosed.
The deal is expected to complete by 8 October, according to the filing.
In the fourth part of Euromonitor's preview of 2013, alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Zsuzsa Szilagyi consider what the future holds for the world's brewers....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends