USA: FDA Clears Use of Barex Resin for Beverage Containers
Effective March 14, 2000, BP Amoco's Barex® 210 Extrusion Grade Resin has been granted approval by the FDA for its use in fabricating beverage bottles for a variety of applications. "This opens a new door for companies looking for an economical, lightweight container that protects the flavor and the appearance of fruit and vegetable beverages, teas and coffees, and isotonic health drinks," says Carmen J. Melillo, Director of Sales and Marketing for the resin. The FDA's Food Contact Notification program clearly removes the previous exemption, in existence since the early 1970s. "Improvements in testing equipment allowed us to demonstrate that bottles made of Barex 210 satisfy the FDA's safety criteria," says Robert Sentman, Technical Manager for the product. "The FDA's assessment of Barex® 210 resin is that it can be used safely in specific beverage applications."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Tsingtao Brewery issues profits warning
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends