USA: FDA Clears Use of Barex Resin for Beverage Containers
Effective March 14, 2000, BP Amoco's Barex® 210 Extrusion Grade Resin has been granted approval by the FDA for its use in fabricating beverage bottles for a variety of applications. "This opens a new door for companies looking for an economical, lightweight container that protects the flavor and the appearance of fruit and vegetable beverages, teas and coffees, and isotonic health drinks," says Carmen J. Melillo, Director of Sales and Marketing for the resin. The FDA's Food Contact Notification program clearly removes the previous exemption, in existence since the early 1970s. "Improvements in testing equipment allowed us to demonstrate that bottles made of Barex 210 satisfy the FDA's safety criteria," says Robert Sentman, Technical Manager for the product. "The FDA's assessment of Barex® 210 resin is that it can be used safely in specific beverage applications."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages