US: Famous Grouse vatted malt makes US debut
Remy Amerique, a unit of France's Remy-Cointreau, this month launched The Famous Grouse Malt Whisky in Chicago, Boston and Denver. It will be available nationally by September, said Mark Izatt, Remy Amerique's malt whisky brand manager.
The 10-year-old whisky, which has an average retail price of US$29.99 per 750ml bottle, is already sold in the UK, Taiwan and The Netherlands.
The product is a vatted malt that includes whiskies such as The Macallan and Highland Park, but it is not considered a blended Scotch because it contains no grain whisky.
"The best word to describe (vatted malts) is 'blend,' but of course you can never use it," he said. "The challenge for us is to get as many people to taste it as possible. People are just gravitating toward it."
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Remy Cointreau is looking to restructure its Champagne business, according to local reports....
Remy Cointreau has had its investor rating raised....
Remy Cointreau has posted a drop in full year net profit in spite of increasing revenues....
Remy Cointreau has signed a five-year credit facility for around €500m....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review