AUS: Family-owned wine groups look at closer co-operation - report
Australia's largest family-owned wine companies are looking at ways to co-operate more closely in order to compete with industry giants Hardy Wines and Foster's Group, according to local reports.
The managing director of Tyrrell's Wines said a number of privately-owned groups were in talks on working together on logistics and transport. Tyrrell's Wines is already part of the Independent Winemakers Group buying consortium, which joins forces to buy wine bottles.
"We're looking at other things like logistics," Bruce Tyrrell told the Australian Financial Review today (13 May). "It allows us to keep our independence, but gives us some clout."
Ross Brown, the chief executive of another member of the consortium, Brown Brothers, told the Australian Financial Review that the co-operation "makes sense".
He added: "We'll co-operate but then beat each other's brains out in the marketplace."
Major brewing groups are clamouring to get into India, which, by dint of its young population, expanding economy and rising personal disposable income offers huge growth potential. International group...
Poland's leading vodka producer Central European Distribution Corporation has seen profits more than double during the third quarter....
A fresh name has entered the race for Independent Liquor with Singapore-based Asia Pacific Breweries applying to study the books of the New Zealand spirits group....
Australia's competition watchdog has reportedly given Lion Nathan the green light to proceed with a full bid for New Zealand's Independent Liquor....
SABMiller would not be drawn on media speculation suggesting a deal to buy Mohan Meakins is on the horizon....
Diageo has formally registered its interest in New Zealand's Independent Liquor....
Foster's Group chairman Frank Swan today (23 October) told the company's shareholders that the company is "confident" it will meet its annual financial targets thanks to growing wine sales in the Amer...
Diageo will next week register its interest in Independent Liquor with Australia's competition watchdog, just-drinks understands....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review