DENMARK: Falcon and Pripps to become Carlsberg Sverige AB
Carlsberg's Falcon Breweries and Orkla's Pripps Breweries will, pending approval of the Sweden's competition authority, be merged and renamed Carlsberg Sverige (Sweden) AB.The goal is to create a large exciting brewery that will build on the best values and strengths of Falcon and Pripps.It will be achieved by trusting to the talents of the workforces in both companies and the strong brands that both Falcon and Pripps have, by offering the best customer service and building an effective distribution network.Until the approval of the competition authority is given, Falcon and Pripps will continue as two independent companies. However, preparations for the merger of the two companies have begun. It has been decided that Mikael Hellberg, currently managing director for Pripps, will be recommended as managing director for Carlsberg Sverige AB. Other leading employees from both Falcon and Pripps will form the top management for Carlsberg Sverige.To preserve customers and market position, the current two sales organisations will first be brought together after comprehensive analyses, which will also involve workers and unions. It has been decided, however, that Carlsberg Sverige's headquarters will be in Stockholm.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends