DENMARK: Falcon and Pripps to become Carlsberg Sverige AB
Carlsberg's Falcon Breweries and Orkla's Pripps Breweries will, pending approval of the Sweden's competition authority, be merged and renamed Carlsberg Sverige (Sweden) AB.The goal is to create a large exciting brewery that will build on the best values and strengths of Falcon and Pripps.It will be achieved by trusting to the talents of the workforces in both companies and the strong brands that both Falcon and Pripps have, by offering the best customer service and building an effective distribution network.Until the approval of the competition authority is given, Falcon and Pripps will continue as two independent companies. However, preparations for the merger of the two companies have begun. It has been decided that Mikael Hellberg, currently managing director for Pripps, will be recommended as managing director for Carlsberg Sverige AB. Other leading employees from both Falcon and Pripps will form the top management for Carlsberg Sverige.To preserve customers and market position, the current two sales organisations will first be brought together after comprehensive analyses, which will also involve workers and unions. It has been decided, however, that Carlsberg Sverige's headquarters will be in Stockholm.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts