USA: Fair Trade Certification Awarded to Six Organic Coffees From Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
Green Mountain Coffee, Inc. (NASDAQ:GMCR) announced today that six of the Company's certified organic coffees have received Fair Trade certification from TransFair USA. The Company signed a licensing agreement with TransFair USA in May of this year, to purchase and promote Fair Trade coffees, which guarantee small-scale coffee farmers a fair price for their crop. Green Mountain Coffee has purchased coffee from, and supported a variety of projects with, cooperatives that are now on the Fair Trade registry. The Company's initiatives to improve the quality of life and the quality of coffee over the past ten years have included the construction of a processing mill and hydroelectric plant in Peru; supporting Coffee Kids(TM) projects in Mexico; funding the organization and organic certification of 100 farmers in Aceh Province in Sumatra; and supporting a women's health care project in Oaxaca, Mexico. Early this year, Green Mountain Coffee expanded this support by signing the licensing agreement with TransFair USA. The recently certified Fair Trade organic coffees from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters include: Organic Peruvian Select(TM), Organic Mexican Select(TM), Organic Sumatran Reserve(TM), Organic House Blend(TM), Organic Viennese Cinnamon(TM), and a new premium blend, La Esperanza(TM) (available only via catalog and web site). Conservation International has endorsed Green Mountain Coffee's line of Fair Trade certified organic coffees for the manner in which they have been grown. The line is now available at selected Green Mountain Coffee wholesale customers, through the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters mail order catalog, and on the company's web site:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World