USA: Fair Trade Certification Awarded to Six Organic Coffees From Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
Green Mountain Coffee, Inc. (NASDAQ:GMCR) announced today that six of the Company's certified organic coffees have received Fair Trade certification from TransFair USA. The Company signed a licensing agreement with TransFair USA in May of this year, to purchase and promote Fair Trade coffees, which guarantee small-scale coffee farmers a fair price for their crop. Green Mountain Coffee has purchased coffee from, and supported a variety of projects with, cooperatives that are now on the Fair Trade registry. The Company's initiatives to improve the quality of life and the quality of coffee over the past ten years have included the construction of a processing mill and hydroelectric plant in Peru; supporting Coffee Kids(TM) projects in Mexico; funding the organization and organic certification of 100 farmers in Aceh Province in Sumatra; and supporting a women's health care project in Oaxaca, Mexico. Early this year, Green Mountain Coffee expanded this support by signing the licensing agreement with TransFair USA. The recently certified Fair Trade organic coffees from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters include: Organic Peruvian Select(TM), Organic Mexican Select(TM), Organic Sumatran Reserve(TM), Organic House Blend(TM), Organic Viennese Cinnamon(TM), and a new premium blend, La Esperanza(TM) (available only via catalog and web site). Conservation International has endorsed Green Mountain Coffee's line of Fair Trade certified organic coffees for the manner in which they have been grown. The line is now available at selected Green Mountain Coffee wholesale customers, through the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters mail order catalog, and on the company's web site:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends