MEXICO: Exports drive Modelo Q3
Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo has posted a healthy rise in third-quarter sales and profits.
The Corona brewer said late last week that net profit for the three months to 30 September was up to MXN2.3bn (US$212m) from MXN1.96bn last year.
Sales rose 9.5% year-on-year, coming in at MXN14.3bn, while export revenues leapt by 18.4% to $407m.
In volume terms, sales were up 7.6% to 12.5m hectolitres. Domestically, sales inched up by 4%, with exports climbing by 15.3%.
The brewer credited the profit gains to higher sales volumes and cost efficiencies. Earlier this month, company CEO Carlos Fernandez reiterated Modelo's forecast for domestic sales volumes to increase between 3.5% and 4% for the full year, with export growth of over 10%.
Modelo is half-owned by Anheuser-Busch.
Anheuser-Busch says it has come out on top in the latest two rounds of its trademark row with Budejovicky Budvar....
Anheuser-Busch has released three additions to its Michelob portfolio in the US....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady start to its year so far. The US-based brewer yesterday (25 April) reported a 3.7% year-on-year lift in Q1 net income, which hit US$518m....
A milk beer, a caffeine-infused vodka and water with flower essences are some of the new drinks products launched this month....
Grupo Modelo has lined up its annual dividend payment for shareholders....
The US beer industry contributes nearly US$190bn each year to the country's economy, according to a recent study....
Tsingtao Brewery has posted an impressive leap in earnings for the second half of 2006....
Budejovicky Budvar has claimed victory in the latest twist in its long-running trademark battle with Anheuser-Busch....
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Cognac plays the waiting game in China
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- C&C Group steps down as Portman Group funder
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL