PORTUGAL: Exports boost Sumol sales - report
Portuguese brewer and soft drinks group Grupo Sumol has seen exports boost first-half sales, according to local reports.
The company, whose brands include Sumol soft drinks, Serra da Estrela mineral water and Tagus beer, posted a 5.2% rise in turnover to EUR82.4m (US$104.2m), Portuguese News Digest said today (15 September).
Grupo Sumol reported a 30.6% jump in EBITDA to EUR7.4m, the report added. Exports jumped 30.7%, outpacing a notable increase in domestic sales, which rose 5.6%.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future