SPAIN: Exports boost Spanish sparkling wine
The Spanish sparkling wine sector has reported an estimated turnover of €721.2m (US$627.2m) in 2001, with exports reaching 103.8m bottles.
The domestic market saw sales of 97.3m bottles, a 2.4% decrease in comparison with 2000. The sum of domestic sales and exports of Spanish sparkling wine in 2001 totalled 201m bottles, a 2.3% year-on-year increase.
Meanwhile the average price of Spanish sparkling wine continued to creep upwards now standing at €3.58 per bottle in 2001.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research