PHILIPPINES: Export slowdown hits Ginebra - report
Philippines distiller Ginebra San Miguel has seen first-half profits plunge due to cost pressures and a slowdown in exports, local reports said today (17 August).
The company has posted net income of PHP331.8m (US$6.5m) for the first six months of the year, down from PHP552.8m a year earlier, a BusinessWorld report said.
First-half revenues also fell, down to PHP6.1bn from PHP6.2bn a year earlier, the report said.
Ginebra San Miguel, a subsidiary of San Miguel Corp., produces a range of spirits, including its eponymous gin brand.
In our first Just the Answer interview of 2007, Dean Best spoke with Nick Blacknell, brand director for Beefeater at Pernod Ricard subsidiary Chivas Brothers, about the company's ambitious re-launch o...
In her first monthly column for just-drinks, renowned spirits journalist Patience Gould looks ahead to what 2007 has in store for the major international spirits producers....
Belvédère has posted a huge leap in sales for last year, thanks to its purchase of Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Canadian spirits group Corby Distilleries has reported a set of "solid" results for the first half of its financial year....
Chivas Brothers has finally unveiled its plans for Beefeater Gin....
Pernod Ricard has upped its forecast on annual sales growth after posting a healthy set of half-year figures today (25 January). The French drinks giant, owner of brands including Chivas Regal Scotch ...
Pernod Ricard USA has lined up a flavour addition to its Seagram's Gin & Juice line....
Heaven Hill Distilleries has changed production and distribution of its White Satin gin brand....
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Coca-Cola Amatil names new CFO
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly