UK: Exponent completes on Loch Lomond Distillery Co buy
Private equity group Exponent has lined up the acquisition of The Loch Lomond Distillery Co.
The transaction, which was initially mooted a year ago, was confirmed earlier today (3 March). Financial details behind the purchase were not disclosed.
Exponent, which also owns meat-free food brand Quorn, will take ownership of the Loch Lomond Distillery at Alexandria, West Dunbartonshire, the Glen Catrine packaging plant at Mauchline in Ayrshire and the Glen Scotia malt distillery in Campbeltown, Argyll & Bute.
Exponent will be the majority owner of the newly-formed Loch Lomond Group, which will control the assets, “with the management team also investing in the venture”, the firm said.
Loch Lomond Group's management team will be headed up by former Imperial Tobacco executive Colin Matthews. Nick Rose, the CFO of Diageo until October 2010, will chair the new business.
“The growth of the Scotch whisky industry in recent years offers a great opportunity to develop further the Loch Lomond business, to refresh and expand the product portfolio, and to move into a number of new international markets building on the excellent progress the company has already made,” said Matthews.
Loch Lomond, which owns brands including Loch Lomond and Glen Scotia, claims to be one of Scotland's oldest distilleries and the second-largest family-owned Scotch maker, after William Grant & Sons. It is the only distillery in Scotland that produces grain and malt whisky on the same site, it says, with a combined output of 43m bottles a year.
Primarily known as a player in Scotch whisky, in recent years William Grant has broadened its portfolio. While a number of these brands have performed well it needs to develop them further. This profi...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during September 2014....
Gin is a spirit, which is made from juniper berries. Increase in demand among the millennial population in the US, growing demand for premium gin, and increased marketing and promotions by vendors are...
William Grant & Sons has partnered with celebrity chef and author Anthony Bourdain through its The Balvenie Scotch whisky brand, on a project to celebrate "craftmanship" in the US....
Spirits in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contain...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends