UK: Executive exodus at Constellation Europe
Constellation Europe has added the departure of two senior executives to the retirement of its CEO, just-drinks can reveal. Following the announcement early last month of Christopher Carson's intention to retire from the top position, Constellation admitted to just-drinks yesterday (4 October) that the senior vice president for marketing and the chief operating officer have left their positions.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Constellation Europe confirmed that Graham Oak had left the company after less than a year in the position of marketing senior vice president. Oak, who assumed the role in December, had "left the company to pursue other interests," and had previously been managing director of drinks for Constellation Europe.
Richard Peters has also left the company, the spokesperson said, "to pursue other interests." The position of chief operating officer now no longer exists, the spokesperson told just-drinks.
Both Oak and Peters left the company in the same month that Carson's resignation was announced, although neither move was communicated to the press at the time.
The spokesperson declined to comment on industry speculation that suggested the three developments were linked.
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018