UK: Executive changes announced at S&N
Scottish & Newcastle has shuffled its senior management pack.
The UK-based brewer today (14 May) announced two changes to its executive team.
John Dunsmore, the present chairman and managing director of S&N UK, is appointed managing director for Western Europe, with responsibility for UK, France, Portugal, Finland, Belgium, Greece and the European Venture Markets business.
At the same time, John Nicolson, the current chairman of Greater Europe/US, is appointed managing director for Eastern Europe, Asia, and the US, with responsibility for S&N's joint venture with Carlsberg Baltic Beverages Holding, including the Russian Federation and CIS countries. Nicolson also assumes responsibility for S&N's joint venture businesses in India, China and Vietnam, while retaining responsibility for the US export business.
"This board organisational change represents a natural evolution for Scottish & Newcastle's rapidly expanding businesses worldwide," the company said.
The changes take immediate effect, with both Dunsmore and Nicolson reporting directly to chief executive Tony Froggatt.
Carlsberg has confirmed that brewery closures in Europe are on the cards due to the decline in beer consumption, adding it is using a recently closed local site to build "a new city"....
SABMiller has stayed silent on reports that it may be taking advice from banks over a possible bid for Scottish & Newcastle....
C&C Group's managing director of its cider division which incorporates its premium cider brands, Bulmers and Magners, has announced his retirement....
JP Morgan has started coverage of the European beverage sector, with the bank's top pick being the UK-based brewer SABMiller....
Mexican beer brand Corona Extra has entered a long-term exclusive sponsorship deal with country music star Kenny Chesney, the brand's US importer has announced....
UK drinks importer and marketer Harvey Miller Wine & Spirits Agencies (HMWSA) is launching Pisa Cream Liqueur in the UK, Ireland and travel retail....
Bacardi is looking to focus on the premium status of its Dewar's Scotch whisky portfolio, with the opening of a new facility in Scotland....
Lion Nathan has secured a deal to buy J Boag & Son from San Miguel Corporation....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends