DENMARK: Exec runaround sees SABMiller man join Carlsberg
Roy Bagattini, formerly the regional managing director for SABMiller in Eastern Europe, will become senior vice president for Carlsberg in Asia, the company confirmed today (31 July). Bagattini, 46, will assume the position at the end of September, and will be based in Hong Kong. He replaces Jesper Bjørn Madsen, who left the company at the beginning of this year.
Meanwhile, in Europe, Jesper Friis will become senior vice president for Western Europe starting tomorrow, replacing Nils Østbirk who only joined Carlsberg five months ago. Friis, 40, is currently CEO of Carlsberg's Norwegian subsidiary, Ringnes, where he will be succeeded by Ole Petter Wie, currently sales director at Ringnes.
Speaking to just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Carlsberg said that Nils Østbirk was leaving the company "not due to his commercial performance but due to bad chemistry between him and Carlsberg".
Finally, Jørn Tolstrup Rohde will become senior vice president for Northern Europe, where he replaces Mikael Aro, whose resignation was announced in March. Rohde, 48, joins Carlsberg from service company 3C Groups and L'Easy. Prior to this, he was CEO of Carlsberg Denmark between 2004 and 2007. Rohde will join Carlsberg on 15 August.
United Breweries looks likely to have taken share off rivals on the Indian beer market after reporting strong rises in profits and sales for its fiscal third quarter....
Carlsberg has secured a swift end to a strike by workers in its native Denmark....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research