GLOBAL: Exec runaround for Bacardi's regional presidents
Bacardi has confirmed one change and one addition to its regional president team
Bacardi has confirmed one change and one newly-created post in its regional leadership team.
The spirits firm said today (25 January) that Robert Furniss-Roe will replace Robbie Jamieson as regional president of Latin America, while Jon Grey moves up to become regional president of the newly-created Middle East & Africa (ME&A) region. Both appointments have taken immediate effect.
Furniss-Roe's previous role in Bacardi was as chief of staff and VP of global sales, corporate communications and corporate responsibility. In addition to his duties as Latin America regional president, he will retain responsibilities for global sales and corporate communications.
Jamieson, who joined Bacardi in 2007, has resigned from the company for personal reasons, but will remain with the firm during an unspecified transitional period.
Grey, meanwhile, will continue in his current role as senior VP of global operations responsible for all global supply chain, brand product production procurement, and R&D activities and head the company’s corporate responsibility platform and global initiatives.
The two appointments round out Bacardi's regional executive leadership team of Stefan Bomhard as regional president of Europe, Harold Dyrvik as Asia-Pacific regional head and John Esposito leading up the North America region.
Bacardi has released a television advert for its Grey Goose vodka brand in the US....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends