USA: Exclusive GOT MILK? Memorabilia Up for Bid on eBay September 5-12
"GOT MILK? is arguably the best known and most beloved campaign in the country," says Jeff Manning, Executive Director of CMPB. "Now GOT MILK? is giving fans access to one-of-a-kind collectibles while helping Big Brothers Big Sisters of America serve more children." Manning, accredited with building the California advertising campaign into a national icon, says more advertisers should give back to the communities that buy and consume their products.
GOT MILK? mania is massive -- on any given day, hundreds of GOT MILK? and Milk Mustache items are listed for sale on eBay by collectors and enthusiasts of the campaign. Now, the CMPB has gotten into the act, for charity's sake. Among the exclusive items for the official GOT MILK? offering on eBay are celebrity autographed Milk Mustache ads (including Elle McPherson, Tyra Banks, the Backstreet Boys and David Copperfield); collectible GOT MILK? toys; 25 GOT MILK? TV commercials never before available to the public; and a one-of-a-kind bovine, Howie, a three-foot-tall stuffed animal that bellows "GOT MILK?" when his hand (hoof) is squeezed. Also included are autographed copies of GOT MILK? THE BOOK by Manning (which he admits are not yet outselling Stephen King's novels).
The CMPB is hoping to raise a lot of "moo-lah" for Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, America's most widely known youth mentoring organization. More than 500 Big Brothers Big Sisters affiliates "match" adult volunteers and children in caring mentoring relationships. Big Brothers Big Sisters of America's growth goal is to serve one million children annually by the year 2010.
The California Milk Processor Board (CMPB) was established in 1993 to make milk more competitive and increase milk consumption. Got Milk? is a registered trademark and has been licensed since 1995 to milk producer and processor groups across the country. The CMPB is funded by all California milk processors and administered by the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
The GOT MILK? Milk Mustache marketing campaign is funded by the nation's fluid milk processors and America's dairy farmers. "GOT MILK?" is licensed from the CMPB by Dairy Management Inc. (DMI) and the National Fluid Milk Processor Promotion Board.
Editor's Note: For photography of items for sale on eBay or to schedule an interview with Jeff Manning, please contact Sheena Stephens or Amy Macchiaverna at 310.385.8530. To view the entire GOT MILK? collection, visit http://www.ebay.com.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research