Ex-William Grant & Sons CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
Bacardi has welcomed back its former chief marketing officer, Stella David
David, who announced her intention to step down from the CEO position at William Grant late last year and left the company in May, was elected to Bacardi's board this week. David first joined Bacardi in 1994 and became chief marketing officer in 2005. She left in mid-2009 to take the helm at William Grant.
"Stella brings further expertise in the management and marketing of global spirits brands to the Bacardi board," said chairman Facundo Bacardi. "We are thrilled to have her back with us as her nearly 25 years of spirits industry experience … will serve us well as we continue to grow and innovate."
David replaces Georgia Garinois-Melenikiotou, executive VP of corporate marketing at Estée Lauder Co, as a non-executive director on Bacardi's 16-strong board. Garinois-Melenikiotou is retiring.
Primarily known as a player in Scotch whisky, in recent years William Grant has broadened its portfolio through a mixture of brand innovation such as Hendrick’s and acquisition with Drambuie. While a ...
The world’s sixth largest spirits producer and 16th largest vintner, Bacardi faces significant challenges, including seeing its eponymous rum brand and core wine brand, Martini, both fall out of step ...
The global alcoholic drinks market will have a moderate growth rate during the forecast period....
Singapore's Spirits market is led by the Brandy category while the Tequila & Mezcal category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020 in both value and volume terms....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Stock Spirits, Distell add UK to partnership
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts