UK: Ex-Moet Hennessy manager to lead Taittinger in UK
Champagne house Taittinger has appointed a former Moet Hennessy manager as its new UK director.
Kevin McKee, who was previously Moet Hennessy's senior national account manager in the UK, takes on the newly created role this month, Taittinger said today (6 January). McKee will work with Hatch Mansfield, the family-owned Champagne producer's UK agent.
Patrick McGrath, MD for Hatch Mansfield, said: “Kevin will be a great asset to the Hatch Mansfield team and brings with him a wealth of experience which will help us strengthen our position in the UK on-trade in particular.”
Taittinger said McKee's UK role is an “adaptation” of the ambassador position previously held by Justin Llewelyn, who died in 2012.
Taittinger announced last year it has secured 'official Champagne' status for its namesake brand at this summer's FIFA World Cup football tournament in Brazil.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future