UK: Ex-Moet Hennessy manager to lead Taittinger in UK
Champagne house Taittinger has appointed a former Moet Hennessy manager as its new UK director.
Kevin McKee, who was previously Moet Hennessy's senior national account manager in the UK, takes on the newly created role this month, Taittinger said today (6 January). McKee will work with Hatch Mansfield, the family-owned Champagne producer's UK agent.
Patrick McGrath, MD for Hatch Mansfield, said: “Kevin will be a great asset to the Hatch Mansfield team and brings with him a wealth of experience which will help us strengthen our position in the UK on-trade in particular.”
Taittinger said McKee's UK role is an “adaptation” of the ambassador position previously held by Justin Llewelyn, who died in 2012.
Taittinger announced last year it has secured 'official Champagne' status for its namesake brand at this summer's FIFA World Cup football tournament in Brazil.
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Interview - PepsiCo chief scientific officer
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- Pernod takes 84% stake in Avion Spirits