US: Ex-Miller man joins Crown Imports
Crown Imports has appointed a new vice president of marketing.
The company said on Friday (20 July) that Paul Verdu will manage Crown's Pacifico, Modelo Especial and Negra Modelo beer brands. Verdu previously worked in marketing positions for Miller Brewing, SC Johnsn and Nestle USA, according to the company.
Crown Imports is a beer distribution joint venture in the US between Constellation Brands and Grupo Modelo. The unit also handles St. Pauli Brauerei's beers from Germany, and Modelo's Corona brand from Mexico.
Foster's Group and Grupo Modelo have extended their exclusive license for Foster's to sell and market the Corona Extra brand in Australia....
Crown Imports has begun shipping its Corona Extra can 12-pack from Mexico this month in preparation for its launch into the US off-trade in March....
The joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Molson Coors has begun operations this week....
UK tap water has come up near the top in a blind taste test, according to local reports....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has entered into a partnership with Nestle in the Chilean bottled water market....
Grupo Modelo has extended its distribution agreement with Molson Coors Brewing in Canada....
SABMiller has posted a healthy lift in sales and profits for the first half of its fiscal year, but has warned of a "more challenging environment" going forward....
Italian water brand Sanpellegrino, which is part of Nestlé Waters, has relaunched its Limonata (lemon) and Aranciata (orange) sparkling fruit drinks in the UK, US, Canada, Greece and Australia....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015