US: Ex-Miller man joins Crown Imports
Crown Imports has appointed a new vice president of marketing.
The company said on Friday (20 July) that Paul Verdu will manage Crown's Pacifico, Modelo Especial and Negra Modelo beer brands. Verdu previously worked in marketing positions for Miller Brewing, SC Johnsn and Nestle USA, according to the company.
Crown Imports is a beer distribution joint venture in the US between Constellation Brands and Grupo Modelo. The unit also handles St. Pauli Brauerei's beers from Germany, and Modelo's Corona brand from Mexico.
Foster's Group and Grupo Modelo have extended their exclusive license for Foster's to sell and market the Corona Extra brand in Australia....
Crown Imports has begun shipping its Corona Extra can 12-pack from Mexico this month in preparation for its launch into the US off-trade in March....
The joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Molson Coors has begun operations this week....
UK tap water has come up near the top in a blind taste test, according to local reports....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has entered into a partnership with Nestle in the Chilean bottled water market....
Grupo Modelo has extended its distribution agreement with Molson Coors Brewing in Canada....
SABMiller has posted a healthy lift in sales and profits for the first half of its fiscal year, but has warned of a "more challenging environment" going forward....
Italian water brand Sanpellegrino, which is part of Nestlé Waters, has relaunched its Limonata (lemon) and Aranciata (orange) sparkling fruit drinks in the UK, US, Canada, Greece and Australia....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends