US: Ex-Coors manager leads Memphis brewery buy
A former Coors manager has led a consortium to buy Molson Coors' brewery in Memphis.
Carolyn Hardy, a former plant manager at Coors Brewing Co., led investment vehicle Chism Hardy Enterprises to buy the site for an undisclosed sum, the brewing giant said yesterday (6 September).
Last year, Molson Coors announced it was to close the brewery in the wake of the US$6bn merger between Canada's Molson and US brewer Coors.
Wisconsin-based City Brewery had been linked with a deal to buy the brewery but Molson Coors struck an agreement with Chism Hardy. Under the agreement, the site will also serve as a distribution centre for Coors products.
Leo Kiely, president and CEO of Molson Coors, said: "The sale of the Memphis brewery is the single most important milestone in our US$175m merger cost synergies program." The sale is set to save the brewer US$30m a year.
Molson Coors CFO Tim Wolf said yesterday that the brewer was reducing costs quicker than it had expected following last year's merger.
"We're raising our full-year 2006 cost-synergy goal to more than $60m," he told investors. The brewer had forecast savings of US$50m during this year.
Coors Brewing Co. has revamped its Zima malt beverage portfolio in the US....
Canadian beer maker Brick Brewing Co. is to play on its status as a domestically owned brewer when it unveils its latest marketing campaign....
Molson Coors has confirmed details of its quarterly dividend....
Molson Coors has posted a sharp rise in Q4 profit thanks, in part, to an extra selling week....
Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) has teamed up with Molson in Canada....
Brewing giant InBev is set to snap up Lakeport Brewing Co. in Canada....
The International Center for Alcohol Policies has appointed a chairman and vice-chairman....
Coors Brewers is planning to launch three "speciality" beers into the UK on-trade....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future