USA: Ex Coke exec now in charge at Cott Corporation
Private-label soft drink business, the Cott Corporation, has appointed John K. Sheppard to take over its US market operations.
Sheppard was previously 20 years at Coca-Cola, where he oversaw the northwestern European operations of the business.
Cott belives that this change will enable the existing chief executive, Frank E. Weise, to concentrate on competing with the company's larger rivals.
It is hoped that Sheppard's appointment will continue rejuvenation for a company whose prospects only five years ago looked bleak. Weise started the revival of Cott by stripping it of all but the soda business after his own appointment in 1998.
Cott's ranges of less-expensive own-brand sodas, sold through the likes of Wal-Mart, have significantly benefited from recent price rises by the likes of Coke and Pepsi. This has done much to give Cott increased sales of 4.9% compared to Pepsi's 1.2% and a market share drop by Coke of 2.2%.
According to the company's figures, Cott's growth has been even better, edging upwards of 6 percent but this is a growth that Pepsi and Coke will want to halt.
just-drinks believes that, if success can be maintained, Cott will become a potential suitor or a takeover target itself.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Cott Corporation's US subsidiary has begun shipping from its new manufacturing facility in Fort Worth, Texas....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
PepsiCo is rolling out a lime version of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands....
Cott Corporation said yesterday that its executive vice president and chief financial officer, Raymond P. Silcock, was to resign from the company after nearly seven years in this role, effective April...
PepsiAmericas yesterday reported a small rise in first quarter net income and earnings per share to US$20.8m and US$0.15 respectively. The results compares to net income of US$20.5m US$0.14 for the fi...
Analysts lowered their earnings estimates for the soft drink producer Cott Corporation after it announced disappointing first quarter results last week....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015