USA: eVineyard Names Ronn Wiegand, MS, MW, Chief Wine Officer
"We're very honored to have Ronn Wiegand join our executive team," said Larry Gerhard, CEO of eVineyard. "eVineyard is dedicated to retaining its leadership position in online wine retailing, and Wiegand's renown in the community combined with his knowledge and unsurpassed abilities as a wine educator will further strengthen our Web presence."
"I'm delighted to become an integral part of the premier online wine retailer," said Wiegand. "As a long-time educator and publisher, this opportunity to use the power of the Internet to connect directly with wine drinkers is very exciting for me. I'm looking forward to sharing my passion for wine with everyone who visits the site."
Wiegand will provide several enhancements to the educational content at www.eVineyard.com, including online chats on a variety of topics relating to wine, the development of a program for virtual tastings, and a new series of hand-selected Wiegand signature wine offerings. Wiegand also plans to write a monthly e-mail newsletter that will be available to all eVineyard shoppers.
Highlights from Wiegand's TasteTours wine guides will also be published on the eVineyard site, offering varietal-specific information on wine regions, food pairing suggestions, wine styles and taste profiles. eVineyard shoppers will be able to purchase the guides and their companion illustrated wine charts directly from the website.
eVineyard Enters B2B Space with Online Newsletter
In eVineyard's first foray into the B2B market, select contents of Wiegand's Restaurant Wine newsletter will be available on the site for subscribing restaurants and hotels.
About Ronn Wiegand
Ronn Wiegand has worked in the wine industry for 25 years as a sommelier, professional wine taster, wine judge, author, lecturer, publisher and consultant. He publishes Restaurant Wine, a subscription-based wine newsletter targeted to the restaurant and hospitality industry, and TasteTour wine guides and wine charts. He also writes the wine column for Nation's Restaurant News, the leading foodservice weekly. Wiegand's articles have appeared in dozens of publications, including Decanter, Connoisseur, Restaurants & Institutions, Wine Spectator, Wines & Vines, Wine & Spirits, and Vogue. From 1986 to 1991, Wiegand was wine columnist for the San Francisco Examiner. He has been a resident of the Napa Valley since 1980.
The only multistate licensed online wine retailer and the leader in the B2C wine market, eVineyard legally serves wine buyers in 25 states--more than 70% of the United States market for off-premise premium wine sales. With its seven current logistic centers and the imminent opening of three additional centers, eVineyard will soon serve each of the country's top 10 wine markets, reaching 75% of the market and serving 28 states.
eVineyard offers a selection of over 5,000 domestic and imported premium wines and has exceptional features such as online education, promotions and loyalty programs, sweepstakes events, a wine club and free shipping with purchases over $25. eVineyard's superior selection and delivery capabilities have led to growth averaging more than 150% per quarter since launch. The company expects to achieve profitability in 2001.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research