USA: eVineyard Launches Vineyard Vacation Getaway Sweepstakes
"Most people would be surprised to learn that nearly every state in America produces wine," said Brett E. Lauter, eVineyard's vice president and chief marketing officer. "We know that visitors to eVineyard want to learn about wine and wine regions as they shop. This sweepstakes gives wine lovers the opportunity to learn about U.S. wines from coast to coast with first-hand wine country experiences in several of our country's unique wine regions."
In all of the destinations, the winner and a guest will receive airfare, three nights in a bed-and-breakfast or country inn, personalized tours of several wineries, meal arrangements and a rental car.
The grand prize to Napa Valley will include a stay at the spectacular Meadowood Resort & Spa. The guests will enjoy a California wine country dinner at The Restaurant at Meadowood, renowned for having one of the most comprehensive lists of Napa Valley wines in the world, as well as complimentary spa treatments. Four of Napa's most respected wineries will offer private tours to the grand prize winners -- Robert Mondavi Winery, Beringer Vineyards, Clos du Val Winery, and Folie a Deux Vineyards.
Following each sweepstakes drawing, eVineyard will accept registrations for a new Vineyard Vacation Getaway. The first drawing, to win a trip to the High Meadows Vineyard Inn in Scottsville, Virginia, will take place on or about September 18, 2000. Subsequent drawings will be held on October 16 for the Warner Concord Farm in West Geneva, Ohio; November 15 for The Inn at Cape Cod in Yarmouth, Massachusetts; December 15 for The Coeur des Vignes in Southold, New York; January 15 for The Villa at Messina Hof in Bryan, Texas; and on February 11, 2001 -- just in time for Valentine's Day -- the sweepstakes will culminate with a drawing for a trip to The Hotel Vintage Park in Seattle, Washington, and the grand prize drawing for a vacation at Meadowood Resort in St. Helena, California.
Individuals can register once for each drawing. Every time they register, they are automatically registered for the grand prize as well. And they can get additional chances to win the vacations by submitting the names and valid email addresses of up to five friends for each destination. No purchase is necessary for registering. Winners can select a travel date for their Vineyard Vacation Getaways any time within one year of the award date.
eVineyard is the leading Web-based wine retailer, serving online wine buyers with exceptional service, selection and speed. With over 5,000 domestic and imported premium wines, eVineyard also offers sweepstakes events and promotions, a wine club, special occasion suggestions, tasting party tips, a Live Talk Chat Room for communicating one-on-one with an eVineyard wine expert, and free shipping with purchases over $25. The only multistate licensed online wine retailer, eVineyard legally serves wine buyers in 25 states and will increase its reach to 28 states by fall 2000.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future