USA: eVineyard Launches Rare-Wine Private Cellar
eVineyard customers who have made two purchases in the previous 30 days or bought 12 bottles in the previous 60 days are given the "key" to the Private Cellar. There they will find a continually growing wine lover's treasure trove of highly collectible bottles. To make them available to as many Private Cellar shoppers as possible, these wines are sold in limited quantities. All registered eVineyard shoppers are welcome to view the Private Cellar.
"We could think of no better way to thank our highly valued customers than by giving them access to some of the most coveted wines in the world," said Brett Lauter, vice president and chief marketing officer of eVineyard. "Our relationships with dozens of distributors and hundreds wineries around the globe allow us to offer the kind of extraordinary wines that are very difficult to find in wine shops."
Among the most exceptional offerings currently available in the eVineyard Private Cellar is a Cardinale three-bottle vertical case (1991-1993). Two of these Cabernet-blend vintages were rated a perfect 100 by the Wine Enthusiast. Other rare wine offerings include a 1996 Louis Martini "Gnarly Vine" Monte Rosso Vineyard Zinfandel; numerous French Champagnes, from Krug to Pol Roger and Taittinger; several Portuguese ports, including a 1997 Dow's Vintage Port; and unusual Tuscan wines, including a 1996 Antinori Solaia and a 1997 Isole e Olena Cepparello.
eVineyard is the leading Web-based wine retailer, serving online wine buyers with exceptional service, selection and speed. With over 5,000 domestic and imported premium wines, eVineyard also offers sweepstakes events and promotions, a wine club, special occasion suggestions, tasting party tips, a Live Talk Chat Room for communicating one-on-one with an eVineyard wine expert, and free shipping with purchases over $25. The only multistate licensed online wine retailer, eVineyard legally serves wine buyers in 25 states and will increase its reach to 28 states by fall 2000.
The Port industry is currently facing a period of considerable change and adjustment. Innovation and evolving a modern, viable industry structure are seen as vital if Port is to compete effectively in...
In the third in a series of reports on major family-controlled companies in the wines and spirits arena, Ben Cooper and drinks industry analyst Canadean take a look at Fortune Brands, which owns the i...
Chris Losh laments the capitulation of the EU negotiating team in the recent wine trade negotiations with the US, and asks whether Europe may have to make further even more generous concessions in the...
An innovative fermented lemonade produced by a small Bavarian brewer is one of the more unlikely brand success stories of recent times, but Bionade has taken the Hamburg club scene by storm, earning i...
Three Port shippers are for sale as consolidation continues to bite in the Douro Valley....
Hagalil Winery is launching Muza - an anise based RTD....
After almost 20 years of talks, US and European Community (EC) negotiators have announced an agreement on key provisions of the wine trade....
Drinks group Maxxium Canada is set to become the third largest spirits company in Canada, following the addition of four new brands resulting from the recent acquisition of some Allied Domecq brands b...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research