USA: eVine.com Founder Featured in Article
Butler wrote, "Larry Fairchild, chief executive and founder of eVine.com in St. Helena, Calif., ... launched a business-to-business e-commerce site for the wine industry. It's the first of its kind, he said." eVine had been in development for almost two years prior to launch.
"Fairchild said the idea of the site is to easily connect buyers and sellers. The site has more than 6,000 products from more than 200 suppliers and manufacturers. By the end of the year, Fairchild said, he anticipates the products available to skyrocket to 15,000. Products on eVine.com include vineyard and winery supplies, and vines and rootstock. Buyers can order anything from fertilizer to packing supplies to barrels to corks. The Internet surfer can also search the site by product name.
And after only a few weeks, the success of the site has exceeded Fairchild's initial projections. Although he won't disclose the number of hits the site has received, Fairchild said it runs into the thousands. `Traffic (throughout the site) has been overwhelming,' he said. Fairchild attributed the success of his idea to a need in the wine industry and easy access of the site. `It works because every product is two clicks away,' he said. He also said volume pricing is key -- buyers can shop and compare online.
"Starting from scratch, Fairchild said he built eVine.com on a few ideas and a lot of research. He saw a need and built up a team to make the site a reality. Fairchild figured out what people wanted. A large aspect of the success of eVine.com is listening to people. Fairchild said he evaluated what people told him and made necessary changes."
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends