INDIA: Evian spring water spray is launched in Delhi
Evian Brumisateur, a spring water body spray has already been on the Indian market for three months. Danone, which also produces the premium bottled-water Evian, is targeting the top end of the market and also plans extensive product demonstrations, education programmes and Brumisateur sampling.
Area manager, Danone International Brands, Paris said: "The product has medical attributes as well, and we are asking aestheticians, skin care specialists and dermatologists to speak about it.
"The product has been in the world market for the past 20 years, for India the concept of water as a cosmetic is very novel, therefore, we have to build up some sort of awareness," he added.
Danone is also planning to launch its international sparkling water brand Ferarelle in India soon.
Evian Brumisateur is available in three sizes and is priced between Rs225 and Rs 425.
While the UK bottled water market has grown over recent years, low per capita consumption in comparison with European average gives water marketers much reason for optimism. Ben Cooper reviews a repor...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
PepsiCo has denied press reports that it is looking to acquire Groupe Danone....
In a tough market for the home and office delivery segment of the US water market, Danone may have to cut the value of its subsidiary DS Waters, the UK's Financial Times reported today....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends