AUS: Evans & Tate receives merger offer from Ferngrove
The troubled Australian wine company Evans & Tate (ETW) has received a merger offer from the West Australian wine producer Ferngrove Vineyards. The potential deal offers an alternative to the restructuring plan proposed by financial services group Pendulum Capital and ANZ Banking Group.
Under the Ferngrove proposal, ETW would merge with Ferngrove in return for the issue of 413.33m shares to Ferngrove. The proposed merger would also see ANZ, to whom ETW owes around A$100m (US$84.86m), convert $45m of that debt into 409.09m shares at 11 cents each.
Following a two-year escrow period, ANZ would exit as a shareholder in the merged entity.
Following the merger, there would be an underwritten, one-for-three rights issue to all shareholders at five cents per share which would raise around $17.68m, or possibly as much as $20m.
Around $10m would be used to pay off debt, with the rest becoming working capital. Ferngrove believes that under its plan ETW's core debt with ANZ would be reduced to around $42m after the rights issue.
Evans & Tate said it would be meeting with its advisors to consider the offer and compare it with the Pendulum proposal. The company said that ANZ would also have to examine the Ferngrove plan.
The sale of Evans & Tate is finally expected to close next week, local reports have claimed....
McWilliams Wines is set to become the new owner of collapsed West Australian winemaker Evans & Tate....
The future of ailing Australian wine company Evans & Tate will be decided in December, following a creditors meeting yesterday (17 October)....
Foster's Group Limited has entered into a new lease over two Australian vineyards from the Challenger Wine Trust....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research