AUS: Evans & Tate launches brand offensive
Evans & Tate is to embark on an assault on the Australian wine market with a series of brand launches.
The wine group hopes its latest offerings will revive the business after a series of losses, write-downs and winery sales.
E&T said yesterday (7 September) that it will launch a new brand - X&Y - next month. The brand consists of a range of four wines from the Margaret River region of Western Australia.
Prior to that launch, E&T's Margaret River winery will release wines from a new Single Vineyard Collection later this month. The company will then follow that launch with a second range of "premium" wines, known as The Reserve.
E&T managing director Martin Johnson said: "The introduction of the new wines is a clear sign of our determination to aggressively attack the market and positively grow our brands.
"Our aim is to continue making high-quality wines to meet the growing number of consumers who are embracing the premium end of the Australian wine market."
The X&Y range will comprise a Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Shiraz and Cabernet Merlot and retail at A$16.99 (US$12.87) a bottle.
Wines from the Single Vineyard Collection will sell for around A$44.99 each, while wines from The Reserve range will retail at A$29.99.
Evans & Tate has outlined the terms of the latest takeover bid from Yarraman Winery as the two companies embark on a period of due diligence....
Evans & Tate chairman John Hopkins said today (20 February) that the Australian wine group has yet to see the details of how Yarraman Winery would fund its bid for the company....
The Evans & Tate board of directors has opted to take more time to mull over a takeover bid from US-listed Australian wine group Yarraman Winery. Evans & Tate's board met on Boxing Day (26 December) t...
The Evans & Tate board of directors will meet in the next week to consider a takeover bid from US-listed Australian wine group Yarraman Winery....
Evans & Tate is targeting double digit revenue growth in its current fiscal year....
Embattled Australian wine producer Evans & Tate has suffered a second delay with an asset sale....
Evans & Tate has said it intends to fight off a fresh attempt from Australian Beverage Distributors (ABD) to wind up the company....
Evans & Tate has been in breach of a liabilities cap within one of its key trust deeds....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review