EUR: Europe split leads to Diageo exec appointment
Diageo has split its Continental Europe division into two units.
The drinks giant confirmed to just-drinks today (23 January) that the split - broken down into North and South Europe - will see Benet Slay, the current managing director of Diageo GB, become managing director for Diageo Northern Europe.
The appointment, which will take effect from 1 July, will see Slay head up the hub, which includes France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, the Nordics and Benelux.
Slay, who has been managing director of Diageo Great Britain since July 2006, will be replaced in his current position by Simon Litherland, managing director of Brandhouse South Africa. Created in July 2004, Brandhouse is a joint venture between Diageo, Heineken and Namibia Breweries.
Slay will remain a member of the Diageo Europe executive team, the company said, and will also continue on the board of trustees of The Drinkaware Trust in the UK.
Are Scotland's wrong-footed politicians rounding on Diageo to save face, or to save jobs?...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo has dropped its annual Johnnie Walker Classic golf tournament in Asia, but has denied reports that the move is linked with the firm's cost savings plan in Scotland....
Molson Coors is in favour of setting minimum prices on alcoholic drinks as a way of cutting excess consumption, the company's UK marketing director has told Parliament's Health Select Committee....
Scotland's government will hold talks with trade unions, councillors and politicians from opposition parties to discuss ways of persuading Diageo not to cut more than 10% of its whisky workforce in th...
Diageo has followed its formation of a joint venture in Japan with a realignment of its distribution in the country....
Kirin Holdings has said that no deal has been reached on a potential merger with brewing rival Suntory, but the group did not deny talks between the two rivals....
Diageo has launched a promotion campaign for Smirnoff vodka in key markets, focusing on social networks such as Twitter and Facebook....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research