EU: EU producers oppose Oz chipped wine imports
Brussels wants to grant Australia a "derogation" from the regulations, similar to that enjoyed by Chile, in order to sweeten the atmosphere for negotiations on a wine and spirit agreement between the two sides.
But Commission agriculture spokesman Gregor Kreuzheuber admitted that the plan is being opposed by these traditional EU wine-producing countries.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team