SERBIA: EU clears Fresh & Co. acquisition
EU regulators have cleared the acquisition of Serbian fruit juice group Fresh & Co. by Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co.
The European Commission said on Friday (10 March) that it saw no competition problems with the deal, which was signed in January. CCHBC has declined to disclose the purchase price.
The acquisition includes a production facility at Subotica and the juice and nectar brands Next and Su-Voce.
Fresh & Co. is market leader in Serbia with a market share of 40% in 2004, the last year for which figures were available. Its nearest rival holds a market share of 10%.
Both Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have looked to capitalise on the rising popularity of healthier drinks, not least to compensate for slowing sales of carbonates. As the two soft drinks giants seek to increa...
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling (CCHBC) has completed its buyout of Bankia....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling has had its rating upped....
The soft drink bottler Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling said today that it had seen a strong first quarter volume performance, with sales of 311m unit cases, 4% above 2004 on a reported basis....
Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Co stumped up around €202m (US$263.9m) for its recent acquisitions in Russian and Serbia, the company has said in its annual report....
The European Union has given Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. the green light to acquire Multon....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co. (CCHBC) is mulling upping its presence in its domestic bottled water market....
Groupe Danone is keen to follow other global food and drink companies into Russia's bottled water and beverage market, according to local reports....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World