EU: EU anti booze campaign raises fear of crusade
The European Commission is asking alcohol producers and retailers "to communicate responsibly and to enforce self-regulatory rules on advertising," as part of a campaign to curb the promotion of drinking by young people. Brussels says it does not intend to ban alcohol advertising but considers that "there is a need for scrutiny of commercial communication and of national self-regulatory codes of good practice with respect to advertising targeted at young people."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Bacardi buys Banks rum
- Diageo turns to W Ice in South Korea