SPAIN: Estrella to expand in wine and water
Spanish brewer Estrella Galicia is to invest €30m between 2006-08 to grow its domestic wine and water businesses, a company spokeswoman confirmed to just-drinks.
As part of the two-year strategy, Estrella will expand its Cabreiroá, Manzanova and Adantis mineral water, cider and wine brands respectively. It will also grow its main brewing business by launching new products under its Estrella Galicia trademark, the spokeswoman noted. Estrella also recently launched new Tequila brand Quenzal and is reportedly interested in tapping the juice market.
Estrella's beer franchise accounts for 85% of the group's revenues, while its other beverage businesses make up the rest. Since 2000, the company has invested €85m, with €65m going to its brewing franchise.
Estrella sells its beer and water labels in the international markets, mostly in Andorra and Mexico. However, the company intends to focus on consolidating these businesses before embarking on further international expansion, the spokeswoman noted.
German spirits group Borco has struck a distribution deal in India for its Sierra Tequila brand....
The US and Mexico have struck an agreement on Tequila allowing US distributors to import the spirit in bulk and bottle it north of the border....
Blavod Extreme Spirits is in talks to expand distribution of El Diamante del Cielo Tequila in the US....
Hayman Distillers has unveiled the first phase of its relaunch for the Scorpion Tequila brand with new packaging for the Gold and Silver variants in the range. ...
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
Drinks Americas Holdings has agreed to form a marketing and distribution joint venture with Sackets Harbor Brewing Company, the New York speciality brewer....
Government inspectors carrying out checks on bars, restaurants and nightclubs in the greater Athens area have found that 100% of samples of rum and tequila had been adulterated....
Mexico, the US and Canada will sign an accord aimed at boosting the quality of Tequila-based produced outside Mexico, a spokeswoman for supplier's lobby Consejo Regulador del Tequila (CRT) confirmed t...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends