US: Estrella Damm expands Daura gluten-free beer to US
Estrella Damm Daura launched in US
Spanish brewer Estrella Damm has launched its Daura gluten-free beer in the US.
Bottles of Estrella Damm Daura will be in retailers across the US from this month, coinciding with the country's National Celiac Awareness Month, the Spanish brewer said yesterday (18 October). The US is the twelfth market to get Daura, which launched in Spain in 2006.
Unlike many other gluten-free beers, Daura has been made with barley malt and Estrella Damm said that it was not limiting the lager's appeal to those allergic to gluten. "Daura has been embraced by global beer lovers whether gluten intolerant or not," said Justin Fisch, marketing director at US Beverage LLC, the distributor for the brand in the US.
More than 3m people in the US have been diagnosed with c(o)eliac disease, which requires sufferers to avoid gluten in their diet. It is thought that gluten intolerance, which is less understood and harder to diagnose, may be more prevalent.
Estrella Damm Daura, at 5.4%abv, will retail in four-packs at a suggested retail price of US$7.99. It is being stocked by retailers such as Whole Foods, Publix, Harris Teeter, Total Wine & Spirits and BevMo, said the firm.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report