UK: Esporão's Quinta dos Murças 2011 Port gets UK roll-out
Click through to view a full image of the product
Portuguese winery Esporão’s first vintage Port, Quinta dos Murças, is being rolled out to the UK.
The 2011 vintage, which was first launched in Portugal last October, will be distributed in the UK by Barwell & Jones from this month, the agency said yesterday (17 February). The 20% abv product will be targeted at the UK on-trade and “independent retail”, a Barwell & Jones spokesperson said.
“The winery had to date not produced any Ports, so head winemaker David Baverstock wanted to take full advantage of their old, low-yielding vines that produce such concentrated grapes and are therefore perfect for vintage Port - as well as for complex and intense wines,” the spokesperson said.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Esporão’s CEO, click here
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research