UK/USA: eSkye.com Acquires pubcentre.com, The U.K.'s First Independent Portal Designed to Benefit Licensed Retail Trade
''This is the definition of a win-win for eSkye.com Europe,'' said John Davison, CEO of eSkye.com Europe. ''Not only do we acquire an early stage business that is already working with a select group of wholesalers, pubs and other on-premise retailers in the U.K., but we also add the founder of the company to our European management team. We look forward to incorporating pubcentre.com into eSkye.com's growing international presence, and to Will directing our outreach to on-premise retailers throughout the U.K.''
The pubcentre.com portal is a powerful online tool capable of helping on-premise retailers in the U.K. find qualified staff, buy the best products at competitive prices, keep current on the latest trends and technology shaping the industry and chat with fellow pub owners, operators, managers and employees.
''pubcentre.com was born of a desire to apply fresh and modern ideas into the pub retailing industry in the U.K.,'' said Andrew Allan, Managing Director, eSkye.com U.K. ''This new association with eSkye.com will give pubcentre.com the backing and resources necessary to fully realize this vision.''
Chadwick brings more than 12 years experience in all channels of trade to the eSkye.com U.K. team. He has an intimate knowledge of the on-premise trade, as well as extensive experience developing an industry e-business within the U.K. Before successfully raising capital for and launching pubcentre.com, he held a senior business development position with Hogshead, one of the U.K.'s leading pub chains -- responsible for acquiring, licensing and building new retail locations. Prior to this, Chadwick held a number of account management and sales roles with the Whitbread Beer Company, working closely with wholesalers and regional brewers as well as independent free trade pubs, hotels, nightclubs and restaurants.
''Will brings our European team the kind of deep on-trade and beer-based experience we need to truly understand our retail customers in the U.K.,'' said J. Smoke Wallin, founder and CEO of eSkye.com. ''Just as David Commer brought our U.S. group the depth of experience from buying beverages at TGI Friday's, Will brings a deep understanding of the unique U.K. pub market. I am pleased to add his strengths to our team.''
''Developing the business plan for pubcentre.com gave me unique insight into the dramatic benefits the Internet holds for the drinks industry in the U.K.,'' Chadwick said. ''eSkye.com is a company capable of delivering all of these benefits, today and far into the future. I am confident my experience in all channels of trade and within the world of e-commerce to date will contribute to eSkye.com's success, and to the modernization of our industry.''
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review