SWEDEN: EQT wants to buy Vin & Sprit - report
Private equity firm EQT has voiced its desire to buy Vin & Sprit from the Swedish government, according to reports.
A spokesperson for the company was cited by Dow Jones today (10 October) saying that the equity firm plans to look at buying V&S.
EQT reportedly fuelled speculation that if it bought V&S, it would split the company into two part, saying: "It's an interesting company, and EQT is a good owner of this kind of company. It's obvious that the different parts can be developed best as separate entities."
General consensus amongst speculators suggests that Fortune is the front-runner, as it handles distribution of Absolut in the US and the two companies are partners in the distribution group Maxxium.
10 things you should know about... Vin & Sprit...
Pernod Ricard's victory in the race to buy Vin & Sprit has sent shockwaves across the global spirits industry, whilst also throwing up a vast array of questions. In a spotlight special, Jessica Harvey...
The Irish Competition Authority (ICA) has confirmed the timescale under which it will consider Heineken's Irish side of its acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Marston's has acquired Ryland Thompson and subsidiaries including the trading arm Refresh UK....
Pernod Ricard has hailed its purchase of Vin & Sprit as a "transforming deal", despite the loss of the Stolichnaya vodka brand....
Carlsberg and Heineken have received European Commission approval for their purchase of Scottish & Newcastle, although Heineken has been left to sweat on the Republic of Ireland....
Maxxium has said that "nothing will change" at the distributor, following this week's announcement that Pernod Ricard is to buy Vin & Sprit....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research