Epicurex puts Cocozia coconut water up for sale
Cocozia is available in a range of flavours
US food and drink company Epicurex has said it is seeking a buyer for its certified organic coconut water brand Cocozia.
The company said the coconut water market generated sales of US$778m in the US in 2015. Epicurex did not specify a price for the Cocozia brand.
Cocozia is available in a range of flavours including original, coffee, pineapple, chocolate and mango. As well as being certified organic, the product is non-GMO, gluten free and Kosher certified, the company noted.
"The timing couldn't be better for a ... brand like Cocozia to seek a new owner," said Gordon Hansen, VP of sales at Epicurex. "Metrics confirm that the coconut water sector in the US expanded by a phenomenal 27% in 2015."
Epicurex started selling Cocozia in 2013. A year later, the company signed a distribution deal with United Natural Foods Inc.
Epicurex is headquartered in Miami, Florida. It also has operations in Europe.
Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
Adult soft drinks appeal to both alcohol drinkers and traditional soft drink consumers....read more
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range