UK: Enterprise Inns corrects Carlsberg delisting talk
Enterprise Inns has issued an apology to Carlsberg over claims it was set to delist the lager in UK pubs and restaurants.
The pubco giant admitted yesterday (27 November) that it had made a mistake after it was reported last week that Enterprise had informed licensees the brand was to be removed from its supply list.
Simon Townsend CEO said in a statement this week: "For the sake of absolute clarity, Enterprise is not delisting Carlsberg lager from our estate. We have, however, launched a major initiative, which makes (InBev's) Stella 4% available to Enterprise retailers, giving first-user advantage and a tremendous support package to those who wish to take it up.
"The primary purpose of our recent letter to retailers was to promote this new opportunity."
Townsend said it was always the company's intention that Carlsberg should remain available to "those retailers who believe that it represents an essential part of their customer offering"
"We have apologised to Carlsberg for any confusion and embarrassment that this unfortunate miscommunication has caused," he added.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has teamed up with Nascar driver Richard Petty for a 'Budweiser responsibility' campaign aimed at reminding fans to use a designated driver when drinking....
A conservation group is due to meet officials in Cork this week over plans to try and preserve the historic Beamish & Crawford brewery owned by Heineken, according to reports....
Labatt Brewing Co, the division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has filed a lawsuit against fellow Canadian group Brick Brewing Co, accusing it of copying one of the group's beer labels....
Baltika Breweries, Russia's leading brewer and subsidiary of Carlsberg, reopened its Baku brewery in Azerbaijan yesterday (20 May) following reconstruction work....
Carlsberg has launched two bonds of EUR1bn and GBP300,000 in order to help finance its part-acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle last year....
Private equity group KKR, the buyer of A-B InBev's Oriental Brewery, may join Diageo in buying a stake in India's United Spirits, according to a report....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed a US$3bn note pricing....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets