GERMANY: Energy saving brewing technique wins environmental award
A German manufacturer of brewery equipment has joined with a Luxembourg beer brewer to commercialise a technique that they claim can save 55% of the energy required for boiling wort, a major process in beer production. Steinecker Maschinenfabrik and Bofferding Brasserie Nationale have won an EU European Business Award for the Environment for their Merlin process which reduces evaporation in wort boiling from the usual 8-11% to 3-4%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future