GERMANY: Energy saving brewing technique wins environmental award
A German manufacturer of brewery equipment has joined with a Luxembourg beer brewer to commercialise a technique that they claim can save 55% of the energy required for boiling wort, a major process in beer production. Steinecker Maschinenfabrik and Bofferding Brasserie Nationale have won an EU European Business Award for the Environment for their Merlin process which reduces evaporation in wort boiling from the usual 8-11% to 3-4%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump