US: Energy drinks give boost to Coke Consolidated
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has begun the year with confidence after posting rising sales and earnings for the first quarter of 2006.
Coke Consolidated, the second-largest Coke bottler in the US, reported late last week a 13% leap in net income to US$815,000. Sales also rose, up 8% to US$333.2m.
The figures come ahead of the second and third quarters of 2006 when, the company said, it historically generates the lion's share of its profits.
William B. Elmore, president and COO, said: "We are very focused on revenue growth, and the expansion of the company's energy products portfolio is yielding significant improvements in revenue and gross margin. Energy products contributed 47% of the increase in revenue and 34% of the improvement in gross margin in the first quarter of 2006 compared to the first quarter of 2005."
Coca Cola France has made a series of executive appointments....
Coca-Cola FEMSA, the world's second-largest Coke bottler, has seen first-quarter sales rise by almost 8%, driven by growth in Mexico and Brazil....
Coca-Cola Enterprises today (27 April) reported a 20% slump in operating profit for the first quarter of 2006 as restructuring charges weighed on earnings....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced its dividend for the second quarter....
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has named former InBev boss John Brock as its new president and CEO....
Cadbury Schweppes has today (25 April) broken its silence on the future of the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group....
PepsiCo has agreed to end its practice of using labels containing lead-based ink on soft drink bottles sold in Mexico....
Coca-Cola Co. has signed an exclusive deal to provide branded refreshments for US Airways flights....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends