PORTUGAL: Empresa de Cervejas denies J. Melo Abreu sale
On Monday, just-drinks reported that the Portuguese brewer and soft drink producer Unicer had acquired the beer and soft drinks company, Fabrica de Cervejas e Refrigerantes J. Melo from the brewer Empresa de Cervejas da Madeira, based on the Madeira Islands. Since then Empresa de Cervejas da Madeira has written to us to deny this story saying "Empresa de Cervejas da Madeira owns presently 100% of its subsidiary Fábrica de Cervejas e Refrigerantes João Melo Abreu."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020