PORTUGAL: Empresa de Cervejas denies J. Melo Abreu sale
On Monday, just-drinks reported that the Portuguese brewer and soft drink producer Unicer had acquired the beer and soft drinks company, Fabrica de Cervejas e Refrigerantes J. Melo from the brewer Empresa de Cervejas da Madeira, based on the Madeira Islands. Since then Empresa de Cervejas da Madeira has written to us to deny this story saying "Empresa de Cervejas da Madeira owns presently 100% of its subsidiary Fábrica de Cervejas e Refrigerantes João Melo Abreu."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row