PORTUGAL: Empresa de Cervejas denies J. Melo Abreu sale
On Monday, just-drinks reported that the Portuguese brewer and soft drink producer Unicer had acquired the beer and soft drinks company, Fabrica de Cervejas e Refrigerantes J. Melo from the brewer Empresa de Cervejas da Madeira, based on the Madeira Islands. Since then Empresa de Cervejas da Madeira has written to us to deny this story saying "Empresa de Cervejas da Madeira owns presently 100% of its subsidiary Fábrica de Cervejas e Refrigerantes João Melo Abreu."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Cognac set for future growth - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine market in UK