PORTUGAL: Empresa de Cervejas denies J. Melo Abreu sale
On Monday, just-drinks reported that the Portuguese brewer and soft drink producer Unicer had acquired the beer and soft drinks company, Fabrica de Cervejas e Refrigerantes J. Melo from the brewer Empresa de Cervejas da Madeira, based on the Madeira Islands. Since then Empresa de Cervejas da Madeira has written to us to deny this story saying "Empresa de Cervejas da Madeira owns presently 100% of its subsidiary Fábrica de Cervejas e Refrigerantes João Melo Abreu."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends