UK: Emporia strikes deal with Camus
French Cognac house Camus has selected Emporia Brands as the company's distributing agent for the UK - clinched by a long-standing link.
The connection between the two companies goes back over 25 years when Emporia chairman James Rackham, who has continued to help build the Camus private label business in the UK, worked for the company as a student.
Rackham said: "We are honoured to represent the House of Camus in the UK and we have plenty of exciting plans to expand the business in our market. Camus is quite rightly known as 'La Grande Marque' of Cognacs and they are famous for their premium range of products."
Emporia, whose brands include cream liqueur Guylian and absinthe drink Absente, has plans to launch a Camus Elegance range of blended cognacs in a Baccarat crystal decanter this Spring. Also, top of the range Extra and Jubilee cognacs will be centre-pieces of a new Emporia digestives trolley rolled out to 50 top restaurants later this year.
Much like the product he markets, Cyril Camus - though only 35 - represents a combination of youth and maturity. In this month’s just-drinks interview, the CEO of Camus Cognac talked to Olly Wehring a...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role