Emperador Inc poised for Suntory's Louis Royer move
Emperador is hoping to up its international presence with Louis Royer
Emperador Inc has confirmed it will make a bid for Suntory's Louis Royer Cognac brand.
The Philippine company, which acquired the Whyte & Mackay Scotch whisky company last year, said earlier today that it will "submit a preliminary offer" for Louis Royer on Wednesday. While Suntory has yet to confirm its intention to offload the Cognac unit, the Japanese firm inherited the much-larger Courvoisier brand when it bought Beam Inc early last year.
"Emperador Inc … has expressed interest to participate in a bidding process for the acquisition of Louis Royer," Emperador said in a filing to the Philippine Stock Exchange. "However, its offer is still subject to the evaluation and final decision of the seller.
"Emperador is currently debt-free and is, therefore, in a very strong financial position to further expand its business both globally and domestically."
As well as Whyte & Mackay, Emperador has upped its international presence by buying half of Spanish brandy company Bodega Las Copas from González Byass as well as vineyards for brandy in the country last year.
To read the company's filing, click here.
It's good to be in the bottled water business. According to Canadean, packaged water sales are expected to drive almost all of the net growth in beverage consumption over the next five years in the US...
Teeling Whiskey Co has released the first spirit to be made at its distillery in Dublin. ...
The Yalumba Wine Co has switched distributors in China after 11 years with Summergate....
Radico Khaitan has lined up the global release of a new single malt Indian whisky....
Beam Suntory has added an above-VSOP expression to its Cognac portfolio in China. ...
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report