SPAIN: Emperador Inc lines up vineyard buy for brandy expansion
Emperador produces the world's best-selling brandy
Emperador Inc's Spanish unit has agreed to buy 230 hectares of vineyard in Toledo as the Philippine company looks to up its global brandy reach.
Grupo Emperador Spain said that the land, next to a vineyard owned by Emperador's JV with González Byass, will “gives us the capacity to expand our global market”. The deal, announced yesterday (15 July), is part of Emperador's plan to hold 2,000 hectares of Spanish vineyards by 2016.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Jorge Domecq, Emperador Spain's MD, said the new vineyards will benefit from technology that increases yields to five-times the national average. “This will very well support the raw material requirements for our brandy production,” Domecq said.
Emperador, based in Makati City, is best-known for its namesake brandy, which is the world's biggest selling. The group also produces Generoso Brandy and Emperador Light.
Yesterday's appointment news from Diageo has echoes of a similar HR switch at SABMiller two years ago - a question of perceived suitability....
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the challenges faced by Diageo’s wine operations, which sit uncomfortably with the company...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
North America continues to be Diageo’s largest region by operating profit. Despite the maturity of the US market, Diageo hopes to strengthen its premium core brands such as Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, a...
Spirits in Global industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends