MEXICO: Embotelladoras Arca reports lift in Q3 profit
Embotelladoras Arca has reported a lift in profit in its third quarter results, on the back of higher sales.
The Mexican soft drinks bottler said yesterday (25 October) that net profit rose 12.3% for the three months to the end of September, totalling MXN728.5m (US$66.7m).
Sales increased by 8% to MXN5.11bn up from MXN4.73bn, while operating profit was also up 11% at MXN1.14bn.
Sales volumes were up by 2% to 133.6m unit cases, and prices rose 2.8% on average, compared to a year ago.
For the nine months of the year so far, Arca has seen operating income climb to MXN2.86m from 2.84m, with sales following suit, up to MXN13.9m from MXN13m. Net profit for the nine-month period slid, however, to MXN1.26m from MXN1.83.
Arca's CEO Francisco Garza Egloff said: "The continuous perfection of our market execution, combined with a better portfolio and pricing architecture management, yielded a satisfactory financial performance during the third quarter."
"Our investments in innovation, information systems, and the development of our personnel, continued yielding positive results with productivity per employee improving 5.4% during Q307, and productivity per route rising 3.1%."
The company added that it will also pay a dividend of MXN1.10 per share on 21 November.
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts