MEXICO: Embotelladoras Arca reports lift in Q3 profit
Embotelladoras Arca has reported a lift in profit in its third quarter results, on the back of higher sales.
The Mexican soft drinks bottler said yesterday (25 October) that net profit rose 12.3% for the three months to the end of September, totalling MXN728.5m (US$66.7m).
Sales increased by 8% to MXN5.11bn up from MXN4.73bn, while operating profit was also up 11% at MXN1.14bn.
Sales volumes were up by 2% to 133.6m unit cases, and prices rose 2.8% on average, compared to a year ago.
For the nine months of the year so far, Arca has seen operating income climb to MXN2.86m from 2.84m, with sales following suit, up to MXN13.9m from MXN13m. Net profit for the nine-month period slid, however, to MXN1.26m from MXN1.83.
Arca's CEO Francisco Garza Egloff said: "The continuous perfection of our market execution, combined with a better portfolio and pricing architecture management, yielded a satisfactory financial performance during the third quarter."
"Our investments in innovation, information systems, and the development of our personnel, continued yielding positive results with productivity per employee improving 5.4% during Q307, and productivity per route rising 3.1%."
The company added that it will also pay a dividend of MXN1.10 per share on 21 November.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1