MEXICO: Embotelladoras Arca records "satisfactory" FY
- Full-year profits up by 7%
- Sales climb 11.6% in 2010
- CEO hails "highly satisfactory" results
Embotelladoras Arca said it recorded “satisfactory” results in 2010
Embotelladoras Arca said it recorded "satisfactory" results in 2010 with an increase in full-year profits.
For the 12 months to the end of December, the company earned MXN2.62bn (US$216.2m), a 7% increase on the prior year. Operating profits climbed by 9.3% to MXN4.18bn.
Sales in the period increased by 11.6% to MXN27bn.
During the fourth quarter, profits amounted to MXN497m, a 12.8% increase on the comparable 2009 period. Operating profits jumped by 47.9% to MXN1.09bn, while sales climbed 29% to MXN7.87bn.
"In 2010 we obtained highly satisfactory results thanks to the competitive advantages we have been perfecting over the past several years," said Arca's CEO Francisco Garza Egloff. "The excellent performance achieved in our operations in Mexico during the fourth quarter of 2010 is proof of the solid foundation Arca possesses, which enables us to maximise any improvement experienced in the economy and our operating environment."
Click here to view the full earnings release.
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Interview - PepsiCo chief scientific officer
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- Edrington to set up global Travel Retail team